Trech Molock was a male human who served in the army of Sheev Palpatine's Galactic Empire. By 0 BBY, Molock had achieved the rank of general. That year, he attended a meeting in the Death Star's conference room, in which he witnessed Admiral Conan Antonio Motti and General Cassio Tagge argue about the station's power, before the Sith Lord Darth Vader Force choked Motti.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trech Molock first appeared as an unnamed background character in the 1977 original Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, whom the fan website Aveleyman claims was portrayed by Charlie Gray, and he was given the name Trech Molock by the 2013 Star Wars Insider article The Death Star Coup. The name was brought back to canon by the short story "An Incident Report" of the 2017 anthology From a Certain Point of View.
The character shares his surname with Sate Molock, an unused character present in the second draft for the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, who ultimately evolved into Sate Pestage. Molock's given name was inspired by Chris Trevas's "Star Wars name" according to an Internet meme, which requires taking the first three letters of one's last name and the first two letters one's first name.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- "An Incident Report"—From a Certain Point of View (First identified as Trech Molock)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 "An Incident Report"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Aveleyman - Charlie Gray. Retrieved on June 16, 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The Death Star Coup"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2014
- ↑ Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- ↑ Meet High General Trech Molock !. Chris Trevas (October 30, 2013, 6:27 am). Retrieved on November 3, 2013, 3:16 pm. "Lucasfilm allowed us come up with Molock's first name."