A tree was a type of plant. Large numbers of trees formed forests and jungles on many arboreal worlds throughout the galaxy. Trees were a source of wood, and were often covered in protective bark, both of which could be extracted for numerous uses by various individuals. Some trees, such as the veshok trees of Mandalore yielded sturdy durable wood, while the wroshyr trees of the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk, were known to grow to immense sizes. Strange trees were a type that could be found on a number of planets. Trees were a source of carbon, particularly the twisted tree native to Zaloriis.
Trees were usually deeply rooted and strong, and firmly connected to nature, yet they bowed and shifted at the promptings of wind and weather. While the greatest trees could withstand external attack, they were susceptible to rot from within.
Notable species of treesEdit
- Pine trees were a type of tree found on planets such as Naboo, Krant and Endor.
- Wroshyr trees of Kashyyyk grew to enormous sizes, and covered large portions of the Wookiee homeworld due to the terraforming performed by the ancient Rakata. It was very common for Wookiees to make their homes and other dwellings in the branches and canopies of wroshyr trees.
- Veshok trees were native to the planet Mandalore; although they grew slowly, veshok trees covered much of Mandalore's northern hemisphere.
- Galek trees were another tree originating on Mandalore. These silver-leaved trees were capable of living for centuries, and grew tall over the years.
- Kuvara trees were native to the agriworld of Qiilura, where they were harvested for their fruit.
- Manax trees hailed from Neimoidia, and were planted across the purse worlds of the Neimoidians.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Last Jedi, p. 21
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ The Last Jedi, p. 20
- ↑ Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, p. xii
- ↑ How the Ewoks Saved the Trees: An Old Ewok Legend
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- ↑ Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- ↑ Republic Commando: Hard Contact
- ↑ Labyrinth of Evil