- "Echo Station 3-T-8. We have spotted Imperial walkers."
- ―Sergeant major Trey Callum
Trey Callum was a human male who served as an Imperial officer in the Galactic Empire before choosing to join the Alliance to Restore the Republic in opposing them. By 3 ABY, Callum was an officer in the Alliance Military and was stationed at Echo Base on the planet Hoth. There, he commanded the soldiers of Outpost Beta, a series of artillery trenches dug between Hoth's Nev Ice Flow and South Ridge.
When the Empire discovered and attacked Echo Base, they were forced to deploy ground forces due to the base's shield. This deployment included Blizzard Force, a group of All Terrain Armored Transports directed to destroy the deflector shield generator at Echo Base. As his men prepared their defences, Callum spotted the walkers with a pair of macrobinoculars from Echo Station 3-T-8 and reported the vehicles' approach back to Echo Base. During the ensuing battle, Callum's troopers at Outpost Beta were able to decimate the snowtroopers of Blizzard Force using anti-personnel batteries, but could not penetrate the armor of the walkers. Ultimately, the Empire successfully destroyed the shield generator and claimed victory on Hoth, but not before the Alliance managed to evacuate large amounts of its personnel.
Personality and traitsEdit
Callum had fair skin.
While on Hoth, Callum wore rebel snow gear including a white thermal flak jacket, white command gauntlets and a white insulated watch cap with a com set, a white face wrap, white cap warmers and anti-glare goggles.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trey Callum was created for the 1980 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, in which he was portrayed by an uncredited Bob Anderson. Anderson was a stuntman who also acted as the fight double for Darth Vader during his lightsaber duels in the The Empire Strikes Back, as well as in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Battle of Hoth"
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- (Video clip only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Trey Callum (★★) (link)) (First identified as Trey Callum)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 20 (Helmets: In Pictures) (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Trey Callum (★★) (link))
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, which includes Trey Callum's appearance, to 3 ABY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Oldbury, Dave Louis (2011-06-21). My Bob Anderson Starwars Autograph. Star Wars Autograph Collecting. let-the-wookie-win.com. Retrieved on November 6, 2013. (backup link not available)
- ↑ "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 132