Trial-born was a rank within Chiss families of the Chiss Ascendancy, situated between ranking distant and merit adoptive. Although Chiss could be granted the rank of Trial-born based on merits alone, most reached the position by completing a series of tests known as the Trials. The Mitth family conducted its Trials in their homestead on Csilla.
The rank of Trial-born was considered much more secure within a Chiss family than the lower, probationary rank of merit adoptive. On rare occasions, a family may offer a highly desired individual to join their family at or above the rank of Trial-born, without even having to conduct the the Trials.
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (First appearance, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good audiobook
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook
Notes and references