- "The main superstructure has been reinforced, and trimantium plating lines the hull to provide the ship with unsually high tensile strength."
- ―C-D20 describes the HT-2200 medium freighter
Trimantium was a gray-green metal which could be used to make armor plating for starships. The metal was used in the creation of weapons and armor during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire.
The HT-2200 medium freighter model of ship, which was made by the starship manufacturer Corellian Engineering Corporation, had trimantium plating lining the hull, giving the ship unusually high tensile strength. The protocol droid C-D20 mentioned that feature when describing the model to a Rebel looking for a freighter to use for his next mission. Also, the HT-2200 Karbarr's Fortress boasted additional armor plating over the standard trimantium hull, and was for sale by the Bith used-starship salesman Fiz Cor'gril.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trimantium was first mentioned in 1995 in the article "A Buyer's Guide to Alternative Starships," which was published in the fifth issue of the Star Wars Adventure Journal series of supplement books for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game by West End Games. The article was written by Stephen Luminati. It later appeared in the 2014 video game Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan, which added it as a Grade 11 Underworld Metal that was used in the creation of various armor pieces and weapons.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (First appearance)
- "A Buyer's Guide to Alternative Starships"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (First mentioned)
- "Fizzi's Slightly Used Starships"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9