- "This is the Triple-Zero protocol personality matrix. Had a few bugs. Twitchy coupling. Neurocybernetic glitches. Tendency to drain organics to collect their blood. That kind of thing."
- ―Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra
The Triple-Zero protocol personality matrix was a droid personality matrix that was created centuries before the rise of the Galactic Empire. The matrix was considered incredibly dangerous when placed into its designed droid body: a protocol droid. The matrix, when inserted into a protocol droid, turned it into an assassin droid that specialized in torture.
It was quarantined on Quarantine World III in Kallidahin Space for centuries before it was stolen by the rogue archaeologist Doctor Aphra during the Galactic Civil War. Aphra, with the help of the Sith Lord Darth Vader, placed the matrix into a protocol droid, turning it into 0-0-0.
- Darth Vader 3 (First appearance)
- "The Misadventures of Triple-Zero and Beetee"—Darth Vader 20
- Doctor Aphra 9 (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 16 (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 26 (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 27 (Appears in hologram)
- Doctor Aphra 29 (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 30 (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 39 (Indirect mention only)