- "Tsiraki. Don't judge until you've partaken."
"I have. It tastes like slug bile."
- ―Sinjir Rath Velus and Jas Emari
Tsiraki was a blue colored alcoholic beverage crafted from fermented salakberries and pickling spices. It was consumable by humans and Zabraks, and could cause intoxication. The drink could be stored in bottles or served in tall, purple tinted glasses. Tsiraki was served at the bar of the nightclub Outlander Club on the planet Coruscant in 22 BBY.
In 5 ABY, tsiraki was served to former Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus in a Junari Point bar on the planet Chandrila. Drinking it caused him to pass out and wake up with an unsteady head. He described tsiraki as both sour and sweet, and had mixed feelings on whether it was good or bad. Bounty hunter Jas Emari, one of his teammates, insisted that it tasted like slug bile. Days later, Velus attended a meeting with his team and lamented that he had forgotten to bring a bottle of tsiraki.
Behind the scenes
Tsiraki first appeared in Aftermath: Life Debt, a 2016 canon novel written by Chuck Wendig. The drink was first pictured in the 2019 reference book Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills by Christian Blauvelt. How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills revealed that tsiraki was among the beverages included in the set for the Outlander Club bar in the 2002 prequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, although the drink was not visible on screen in the film itself.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
Notes and references
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, including the serving of tsiraki, to 22 BBY.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and further dates Shara Bey and Kes Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in 5 ABY. The move is placed six months after the Battle of Endor by Before the Awakening. Since Aftermath: Life Debt is set just after Shadow Fall, which takes place around six months after the battle, the events of Life Debt must also occur in 5 ABY, around six months after the Battle of Endor.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones