- "They offer a token of their esteem."
- ―Mayth Duvel presents the Nezriti Organization's Tumanian pressure-ruby to Prince Xizor
A Tumanian pressure-ruby was an extremely rare gemstone, often bloodred in color, from the Tumani system in the Hapes Cluster. Even a small example of a Tumanian pressure-ruby could easily be worth several million credits.
In 3.5 ABY, shortly after the Battle of Hoth, the criminal group known as the Nezriti Organization petitioned for an alliance with the powerful Black Sun crime syndicate, led by the Falleen Prince Xizor. Hoping to gain Xizor's favor, the Nezriti sent the Black Sun leader a small package containing an oval-cut, and apparently flawless, bloodred Tumanian pressure-ruby. Inspecting the gem momentarily, Xizor casually tossed the gift onto his desk, not caring if it were to later fall in with the garbage, before declaring that he would consider the Nezriti Organization's proposal.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire audiobook (Talking Book Publishers Inc.)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for the Tumanian pressure-ruby in relation to the Tumani system. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 267 ("Tumanian pressure-ruby")
- The Essential Atlas
- The New Essential Chronology dates the events of the Shadows of the Empire novel to 3.5 ABY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 377 ("Nezriti Organization")