- "The Tumble Bunnies are jumping for joy, 'cause you've come to see their show."
- ―The Tumble Bunny trainer
Tumble Bunnies were three-eared rabbits. On the Forest Moon of Endor, Tumble Bunnies were taught by a trainer to do tricks at a carnival to the delight of young Ewoks; as punishment for scaring those woklings, the Ewok Wicket Warrick had to perform several Tumble Bunny shows.
Biology and appearance
Tumble Bunnies were a species of rabbit. They were three-eared and had white fur on their faces, with yellow-, blue-, or pink-colored fur on the rest of their bodies. The rabbits had four legs and a tufted tail along with two eyes, a mouth, and a nose.
- "Come on, guys. It'll be a great show."
"Tumble Bunnies? Ugh!"
- ―Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka and Teebo on the Tumble Bunnies' show
Tumble Bunnies on the Forest Moon of Endor were part of an attraction that was put on during a carnival, where a trainer had them do several tricks. The bunnies were able to jump through a small, raised hoop, and they became excited when an audience gathered for them.
- "Let me guess. The Tumble Bunnies, right?"
- ―Latara to Wicket
In 3 ABY, during an annual carnival, the Tumble Bunny show was present, with their trainer wearing a costume that imitated the bunnies' tail and ears. An audience of Endor's young native Ewoks, the woklings, sat in attendance, laughing at the spectacle. One slightly older Ewok, Wicket Warrick, was greatly bored by the show and convinced his friends Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka, Teebo, and Latara—along with the woklings that they had been tasked with taking care of—to instead visit Horville's Hut of Horrors, a local frightening attraction. All of the Ewoks were scared out of their wits, and once Warrick's mother, Shodu Warrick, got wind of what he had done, she punished him by having him take the place of the Tumble Bunny trainer; the young Ewok had to perform ten shows with the bunnies, which he found humiliating as a warrior.
Behind the scenes
Tumble Bunnies appeared in "Horville's Hut of Horrors," the sixteenth episode in the second season of the animated television series Ewoks, which was written by Paul Dini and premiered on November 15, 1986.
Notes and references
- Ewoks—"Horville's Hut of Horrors"
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline" – Star Wars Insider 23 dates the events of the Ewoks television series, which include the the appearance of Tumble Bunnies in "Horville's Hut of Horrors," to three years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- "A Star Wars CELibration" – Star Wars Insider 27