The main locations are:
- Chott el Jerid — exterior of the Lars homestead.
- Djerba — Ben Kenobi's hut, Mos Eisley and the deleted scenes set in Anchorhead (Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope).
- Grand Dune — the Dune Sea where R2-D2 and C-3PO crash in Episode IV. Nefta was also in this area.
- Hôtel Sidi Driss — the interior of the Lars homestead.
- Ksar Hadada, Ksar Medenine and Ksar Ouled Soltane — the Slave Quarters Row.
- Oung Jmel — a rock seen in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, especially for Mos Espa.
- Sidi Bouhlel — the canyon where Luke Skywalker meets Ben Kenobi in Episode IV.
Some Star Wars in-universe names were inspired by Berber or Arabic names, such as:
- Gial Ackbar
- Aiwha Squad
- Boga noga
- The Star Wars Sketchbook
- The Star Wars Album
- The Jedi Master's Quizbook
- "Star Wars Road Trip"—Star Wars Insider 48
- "Race Across the Dune Sea"—Star Wars Insider 61
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition
- "Bonnie Piesse: An Aunt for All Ages"—Star Wars Insider 204
- Tunisia on Wikipedia
- Star Wars Trip To Tatooine by Mark Dermul
- Sompeetalay in Tunesia by Tim Veekhoven
- Bart & Andrea's Tatooine trip report
- Real Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina by Jeremy Beckett
- The road to Star Wars (.doc file) from Steinninn.is
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters