- "These elevators will take us beneath the surface of the planet below."
- ―Major Rigosso
Turbolifts, also called elevators or simply lifts, were machines used for conveying people and objects to different levels in a building, starship, space station, or even tiered city. Said machine traveled in a shaft that extended vertically, allowing them to move up and down. In the case of a building, a turbolift could be either internal or external to the structure. Toward the end of the Clone Wars, the elevators installed in the Separatist dreadnoughts were cable-borne and equipped with braking mechanisms.
On the planet Coruscant, turbolifts could be used to travel between the many levels of the ecumenopolis. A Human girl named Anandra Milon and her younger brother Santigo Milon once used a turbolift to travel from Level 1997 to Level 1996, as did a stormtrooper who pursued them. For transit to and from Quarzite, the Belugan homeworld, an immense turbolift sped travelers to an orbital space station.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual