A turbolift, vacuum-lift, vacuum elevator, or lift tube was an "elevator" powered by a repulsorlift and was used mostly to transport people or cargo through large ships, buildings such as those on upper Coruscant, or even space stations such as the Wheel and the Death Stars.
They were capable of reaching great speeds without personal injury. The devices were sometimes referred to as turbovators rather than turbolifts; usage varied from world to world. Centerpoint Station referred to its elevator system that ran through Hollowtown and through the various metal shells as turbovators.
Some lifts would play lift-tube music.
Behind the scenesEdit
The obvious real-world equivalent would be an "elevator" (or "lift," in British English), with the difference that an elevator is moved by cables and machinery, while a turbolift is moved by a repulsorlift. "Turbolift" has often been shortened in various Star Wars media to "lift."
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Creatures of the Galaxy
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Flashpoint! Brak Sector
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- "The Yard of Opportunity"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance