- "Our village has been attack by Tusken Raiders! It was horrible, so many of my friends fell so swiftly, so few of us got away..."
- ―Tolan Nokkar, to a spacer
The Tusken Village, simply known as the village by its denizens, was a small village on the desert world of Tatooine. By the time of the Galactic Civil War, following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, the village was attacked and taken over by a tribe of Tusken Raiders led by their Tusken King.
Description[edit | edit source]
- "The village is out in the wastelands and not easy to find. I'll show you where it is on your datapad."
- ―A commoner, to a spacer
This humble village was located some distance north of the town of Wayfar on the desert world of Tatooine. The village was surrounded by a dilapidated wall perimeter, and consisted of three modest sized structures, three diminutive homes, and a couple of tents. In the center of the village was a single moisture vaporator.
History[edit | edit source]
- "We were targeted by a Tusken War Party and we weren't able to hold them off! We're still hearty folk, though, so we're not leaving. Well, that is unless the King of the Tuskens stop killing us off. He's hunting us down one by one like we're Eopie or something."
- ―A commoner, to a spacer
By the time of the Galactic Civil War, following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, the village was attacked and taken over by a tribe of Tusken Raiders led by their Tusken King. The village sustained damage, and most of the villagers were killed. Yet, a few of the villagers managed to escape, and established a refugee camp in the Dune Sea, not far from the village. Another survivor traveled to Anchorhead to seek help from the Galactic Empire but the Empire refused to intervene.
Tolan Nokkar, one of the villagers, encountered a spacer and explained the dire situation. Nokkar pleaded with the spacer to kill the Tusken's King, with the hope that it would drive the rest of the indigenous Sand People away. The spacer agreed, and set off towards the pillaged village to wipe out the Tusken King and any other Tuskens who would get in the way. Ultimately, the spacer succeeded and returned to Nokkar to report the news. Nokkar was thankful, and gave the spacer 20,000 credits pooled together by the surviving villagers as a token of their appreciation. Nokkar went on to say that they would move back into the village as soon as they formulated a plan to attack the remaining Tusken Raiders.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Tusken Village appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. Tolan Nokkar referred to the town as simply "the village", while the coordinates given by the commoner listed the location as the Tusken Village. If the player were to accept Tolan Nokkar's quest, the coordinate description would list the location as the "pillaged village".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Tusken Village" on Tatooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "A commoner" on Tatooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Minor Quest: "Tolan Nokkar" on Tatooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "Vi'conya T'ili" on Tatooine