- "Sir, what is that she keeps calling us?'
"Nerra. It means brother."
- ―Waxer and Obi-Wan Kenobi
Twi'leki, also known as Ryl, was a language spoken by Twi'leks from Ryloth. It combined verbal sounds and an elaborate sign language using the Twi'lek's head-tails, called lekku. That sign language allowed the Twi'leks to communicate complete concepts without having to pronounce a single word. Raising the tip of one's right lek meant "Hello!", while dipping the tip of one's left lek meant "Goodbye!" By crossing over both lekku tips twice, a Twi'lek meant to say "I love you." Both lekku tips jabbed into the speaker's back were to be understood as "May spice salt your wounds!" Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi was able to speak Twi'leki.
- Nerra ("brother")
- Numa ("sister")[source?]
- Chini, wachamio! ("Come, let's go!")[source?]
- Nu nala quinjon wilo? ("Do you know where the prisoners are?")[source?]
- Wachamio! ("Let's go!")
- Ma sareen ("My sweet")
- Nio rella ri eeta.
- Ota, ota.
- Ya kumay na.
- Kumay na.
- Loonala kwee jannweelo?
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- Lords of the Sith (First identified as Ryl, simultaneous with Lords of the Sith audiobook)
- Lords of the Sith audiobook
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad audiobook
- Last Shot
- Last Shot audiobook
- A Crash of Fate
- A Crash of Fate audiobook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 58 (Databank A-Z: Tusken Raiders–Captain Typho)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- (First identified as Twi'leki)