Prior to the Battle of Naboo, an alien hunter was hired to lead a group of hunters to the planet, where they were all killed by a rathtar. The Sith apprentice Darth Maul had also traveled to Twon Ketee, watching the hunters from afar. Once the rathtar had been drawn out into the open, Maul killed it with a vibro-ax. He killed several more of the creatures, attempting to sate his bloodlust for Jedi.
Behind the scenes
- "King Prana wants three rathtars, full-grown."
- ―Han Solo
Twon Ketee first appeared in the non-canonical game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as the planet where Han Solo, Chewbacca and Varond Jelik were sent to capture rathtars. Here it is shown as inhabitated by frogs, spiders and Reeksa-like carnivorus plants.
- Darth Maul 1 (First canonical appearance)
- "Darth Maul and the Rathtars"—Galactic Adventures Storybook Collection
- Star Wars Resistance – "The New Trooper" (Mentioned in hologram only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Core Problem" (Mentioned in hologram only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: Alien Archive