- Kenobi: "I've just been informed that the Separatists have attacked a Republic garrison base on Tythe, and occupied the planet."
- Skywalker: "Who cares? I mean, I'm sorry for any troopers we lost, but Tythe is a wasteland."
- Kenobi: "Exactly. But before it became a wasteland, it was headquarters for LiMerge Power."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker[src]
The planet was once lush as Naboo, until it became headquarters of LiMerge Power. LiMerge stripped the planet of its resources, seeking to exploit the natural plasma reserves. Later, the company abandoned the planet, leaving behind a desert wasteland, vegetation found only in its red-water lakes.
It was of little tactical value other than as a jump point.
The Galactic Republic garrisoned the planet, but it was taken by the Confederacy of Independent Systems in 19 BBY, as a feint to distract Republic forces away from Coruscant, in preparation for the Battle of Coruscant. After a quest on Nelvaan, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi led an assault against the Confederate forces over Tythe, in an attempt to apprehend Count Dooku. Their starfighters barely made it past the orbital defenses, and once inside the LiMerge headquarters building, Dooku began taunting the two Jedi. Anakin gave into his rage and brought the LiMerge headquarters toppling down on his head, though Dooku escaped to Coruscant. Kenobi and Skywalker left Tythe when they were recalled to Coruscant to assist in its defense from General Grievous's attack.
- Labyrinth of Evil (First appearance)
- Reversal of Fortune (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Renegade
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only)