The U-55 orbital loadlifter, also known as the U-55 loadlifter or Resistance transport and, informally, as a lifeboat, was a type of transport manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems. It was used by the Resistance during its war with the First Order.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- "These transport ships are unarmed, unshielded."
- ―Poe Dameron, regarding U-55 loadlifters
The U-55 loadlifter was designed by Sienar Fleet Systems. It was used heavily by the Resistance. However, the ship lacked shielding; making it vulnerable without an escort by starfighters or capital ships. During the First Order/Resistance War, many of the Resistance's craft were equipped with cloaking systems developed by the technician Rose Tico using a computer system to baffle their energy signals.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Sir, we checked on the information from the thief. We ran a decloaking scan, and sure enough, thirty Resistance transports have just launched from the cruiser."
- ―A First Order officer
The Resistance used these loadlifters to evacuate their base on D'Qar, earning the moniker "lifeboat". During the attack on the Resistance fleet, these transports were also used to evacuate the ships that ran out of fuel, such as the Ninka and the Anodyne. Thirty of the U-55 transports were used to evacuate the Raddus, but only six made it to Crait after the First Order fleet opened fire on them. They were subsequently abandoned when the remaining survivors fled aboard the Millennium Falcon.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First appearance) (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Poe Dameron 29 (In flashback(s))
- C-3PO Does NOT Like Sand!
- R2-D2 is LOST!
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as U-55 orbital loadlifter, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as U-55 orbital loadlifter, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Resistance Transport Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Zabrak–Zillo Beast)
- (First identified as Resistance transport)