- "Today, the Empire is victorious. The Rebellion, no longer a threat. The Rebels' desperate attack on the Emperor's Death Star has failed. Rumors of the Emperor's death? Treasonous fabrications. Those of you who listen to these lies, who wish to test the Empire's strength, you will answer to me."
- ―Governor Ubrik Adelhard, lying to the citizens of the Anoat sector
Ubrik Adelhard was a human male who held the rank of Moff and served the Galactic Empire as the governor of the Anoat sector during the Galactic Civil War. Upon hearing of Emperor Sheev Palpatine's demise at the Battle of Endor, Adelhard locked down his sector, establishing the Iron Blockade and isolating his citizens from news of the Empire's defeat. With the help of Commander Bragh and his Purge Troopers, Adelhard started killing those who opposed the status quo or dared to propagate so-called anti-Imperial rumors or people who wanted to rebel against Adelhard.
- "My brave citizens. While we are protected from Rebel terrorists by the Iron Blockade, the rest of the Empire is not so fortunate. Yet Emperor Palpatine, unscathed by the assassination attempt aboard his new battle station, continues his march toward total victory. So long as the Rebel threat endures, so will the blockade. But I believe the end will come—"
- ―Adelhard, in a sector-wide propaganda broadcast to the Anoat sector
A male human, Ubrik Adelhard started as a mere stormtrooper in the armed forces of the Galactic Empire. A true believer in the need for a strong Empire to keep the galaxy from descending into chaos, he gradually rose up the ranks. Years prior to the Battle of Yavin, Adelhard served as a junior advisor in the Imperial Military. When Imperial forces received word of a base of dissidents on Anoat, the sector capital of the Anoat sector, Adelhard ordered his forces to gas the planet, transforming the city-world into a toxic waste dump. Many citizens believed that the incident was the result of an industrial accident, though a few were privy to the truth. Eventually, Adelhard became one of the rare stormtroopers to become a general. At some point before the Battle of Endor, Adelhard was made a Moff and became the governor of the Anoat sector. He had also married a woman who had ended up being killed by the Kouhun, a secretive order of assassins.
After the Battle of Endor, a cataclysmic defeat for the Empire in which the Alliance to Restore the Republic destroyed the DS-2 Death Star and the Emperor, Sheev Palpatine, was killed, reports of the Empire's defeat began to circulate across the galaxy. The Empire claimed that these reports were lies propagated by the Rebel Alliance. When Adelhard learned that the Emperor had indeed been killed, he locked the Anoat sector down with the Iron Blockade and said that anyone who challenged the Empire in the sector would have to answer to him.
The Iron Blockade led to an uprising against the Empire, one carried out by a collection of resistance fighters, bounty hunters, smugglers, and more. To combat this uprising, the Empire used Purge Troopers led by Commander Bragh, who reported to Adelhard. Adelhard had a chamber within the prime tower on the Tibanna gas mining colony of Cloud City, located on the planet Bespin. In the months following the Battle of Endor, Lobot hired the pirate Kars Tal-Korla and his companions to capture the Imperial collaborator Borgin Kaa in order to extract an access code needed to open an access hatch leading to Abelhard's personal quarters. Once the hatch was open, Lobot and an intrusion team planned to capture the Governor. Though Adelhard escaped, the planet was soon liberated by the Uprising.
By the time of the Battle of Jakku, Adelhard's Imperial forces had crumbled under Lando Calrissian's siege. Lando and Lobot led a joint force of Bespin Wing Guards and New Republic soldiers as they mopped up the remaining Imperial holdouts in Cloud City. Calrissian managed to convince a dozen Imperials holed up in the Bolo Tanga room to surrender by telling them that Adelhard's story about Palpatine was a lie.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Were you serious about the Imps destroying this place just to stop folks from joining the Rebels?"
"From joining us. Yes. Governor Adelhard was just a junior military advisor back then. But it was his order. There were dissidents on Anoat. No one could find it. So they gassed the planet."
- ―A young smuggler and Tam Bastion
Adelhard was a human male with black hair, a full beard, and fair skin. He was a strong supporter of the Galactic Empire and was willing to lock off his entire sector in order to punish those who reported the truth about the Battle of Endor. A man of humble beginnings, he was opposed to luxury and pomp.
Behind the scenesEdit
Adelhard is a character who appears in the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising, which was released by Kabam on September 10, 2015. His first name was revealed in the 2018 reference book Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious, written by Pablo Hidalgo.
The governor was designed by Brian Matyas. One of Matyas' first designs had Adelhard wearing a long cape and an armored chest plate similar to Darth Vader's, but this did not pass the approval process.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (First mentioned)
- Aftermath audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (First appearance)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (Mentioned only)
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 160
- "On the Go!"—Star Wars Insider 161 (Picture only)
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (First identified as Ubrik)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Locations. Star Wars: Uprising Official Website. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved on September 11, 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising confirms that during the events of the game, Ubrik Adelhard was the governor of the Anoat sector. Dawn of Rebellion mentions that during the time of the Galactic Empire, a sector was led by a Moff. Therefore, Adelhard must be a Moff.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: Uprising. Play Star Wars: Uprising. Archived from the original on January 22, 2018. Retrieved on June 4, 2015.
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: Uprising