- "The Nihil have struck in the heart of the Mid Rim. Where next? Ubrikkia? Gizer? Coruscant?"
- ―Tia Toon
Ubrikkia was a Mid Rim celestial body that shared its name with several companies. By 3 ABY, the Ubrikkian enclave that was situated at Ubrikkia numbered among the major shipyards and drydocks of the Galactic Empire.
Ubrikkia was an astronomical object located in the regions known as the Mid Rim Territories and the Slice. It was also situated in the grid square Q-10 of the Standard Galactic Grid. A hyperspace route linked Ubrikkia to the celestial bodies Haidoral Prime and Randon. Ubrikkia shared its name with the companies Ubrikkian, which operated a factory on the Core Worlds planet Corellia; Ubrikkian Industries; Ubrikkian Ord Pedrova; and Ubrikkian Transports, as well as the Ubrikkian 9,000 landspeeder model.
Around 231 BBY, after the marauders known as the Nihil attacked the shipyards of the Mid Rim planet Cyclor, Galactic Republic Senator Tia Toon stressed to Republic Supreme Chancellor Lina Soh the critical importance of the attack by rhetorically inquiring whether the raiders would target Ubrikkia next. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, the Ubrikkian enclave, located at Ubrikkia, was one of several major Imperial shipyards and drydocks. By 3 ABY, the Ubrikkian enclave was depicted on a map of the galaxy included with the Rebel Alliance collection of non-electronic documents known as The Rebel Files.
Behind the scenes
Ubrikkia was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon on a galactic map in Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game, a 2016 Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Roleplaying boxed set. The world Ubrikkia was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first mentioned in the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, authored by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry.
- The High Republic Adventures 1 (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First mentioned)
- The High Republic Free Digital Sampler (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- "The First Order" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Scarif and Other Outer Rim Planets" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Timelines
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game places Ubrikkia in the area of space Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide identifies as the Slice.
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm
- Star Wars: Timelines' map of the galaxy
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- "Rebel Bluff" – Star Wars Insider 158
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm features the Valo Republic Fair, Attack on Valo, and the Battle of Grizal, all of which take place in 231 BBY according to .
- The map in Star Wars: The Rebel Files depicting the Ubrikkian enclave is set at the time of Operation Ringbreaker, which is depicted as part of the main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company. That section of Twilight Company is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which corresponds to 3 ABY, per Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- The Essential Atlas