Ulmatra was a trade planet that was located within the star system of the same name. It was a part of the galaxy's Hutt Space region and lay on the intersection of the hyperlanes called the Pabol Sleheyron and The Dead Road. At some point during or after the year 3643 BBY, Ulmatra housed hundreds of corporations that were suspected of money laundering.
Ulmatra was a minor trade world that was located within the Ulmatra system of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. It lay at the intersection of the Pabol Sleheyron and The Dead Road hyperlanes. The former connected Ulmatra to the planets Sleheyron and Randa, while the latter linked the planet to the worlds of Kafane and Zisia. Ulmatra was home to the creature known as the Ulmatran condor, and the planet lay within the sphere of influence of the Kajidier kajidic, a clan of the Hutt species.
An individual visited Ulmatra at that time and sliced the corporations' computers in order to find out which businesses laundered credits. The slicer discovered that several of the corporations laundered money for the criminal organization known as the Exchange and was generously rewarded for that information by the Hutts.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ulmatra was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, which placed the planet in grid square S-10. The planet was later mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released in 2011, in which it was used as a possible location for players to assign their companions on individual quests.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ulmatra system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats Ulmatra as one such homeworld with regard to the Ulmatran condor species. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Lords of Nal Hutta
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "The Cleanest Profession" independently of the main class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point during or after 3643 BBY.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Slicing Crew Skill Mission: "The Cleanest Profession"