- "Pockets of resistance remain, especially on Umbara."
- ―Lieutenant Commander Orson Callan Krennic
During the early months of the Imperial Era, a resistance against the Galactic Empire emerged on the Expansion Region planet Umbara, which had been a major supporter of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars between the Confederacy and the Empire's predecessor, the Galactic Republic. In 19 BBY, the resistance put up a heavy martial opposition to the Imperial Military.
Lieutenant Commander Orson Callan Krennic told the Erso family of researchers that the Empire considered the Umbara rebellion an outgrowth of the Clone Wars. Krennic also claimed the Empire's response to the rebellion, along with other resistance groups appearing at the same time, was merely a pacification operation. Despite the resistance's struggle for Umbara, the planet eventually fell under Imperial control.
Behind the scenes
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First mentioned, simultaneous with Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that Galen Walton Erso was recruited into Project Celestial Power by Orson Callan Krennic 19 years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. As the events of Rogue One are dated to 0 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, Erso was recruited in 19 BBY. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel depicts the recruitment in the same chapter Krennic mentions the rebellion on Umbara. Therefore, the rebellion must have been fought in 19 BBY.
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan