The Umbarans were highly trained in combat, which proved effective during the Republic assault on their homeworld. They caused heavy casualties on the Republic side using the cover of darkness[source?] which continuously covered Umbara.
They were encased inside a protective suit which covered their faces. Their helmets fed its wearer a potent gas mixture that kept them ready for combat, improving their reflexes and aggression level. They utilized their standard blasters but also made use of other advanced weapons such as the millicreep and the Umbaran hover tank.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to the trivia section for "The General" on the official Star Wars website StarWars.com, inspiration for the pressure suited Umbaran soldiers includes the Zentraedi from Robotech and the Sardaukar from Dune.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Battle of Umbara"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles video game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Shop" (Set: Umbaran Soldier) (First identified as Umbaran Soldier)