An Advanced Recon Commando was a human male clone trooper serving in Rancor Battalion, a part of the Grand Army of the Republic, during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance. In 22 BBY, the Advanced Recon Commando was stationed on the planet Kamino while his battalion oversaw the training of Republic clone cadets. He later participated in the Battle of Kamino in 21 BBY, where the clone directed Republic troops in fighting off the invading Separatist forces.
The commando wore white ARC trooper armor that featured red-and-gray highlights, a kama, and two pauldrons. As part of his equipment, the trooper wielded either two DC-17 hand blasters or a DC-15A blaster rifle. As a clone of Jango Fett, he stood at 1.83 meters, had tan skin, and brown eyes. Additionally, the clone had received further training due to his ARC status.
Early stages of the war
Grown on the planet Kamino from the DNA of Jango Fett, a bounty hunter who became the template of the clone trooper army, the clone was an Advanced Recon Commando, or ARC trooper, in the Grand Army of the Republic after being trained in the ARC program. He participated in the pan-galactic Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance, serving in Republic's Rancor Battalion alongside Clone ARC Commanders Colt, Havoc, and Blitz.
Early during the Clone Wars, in 22 BBY, he was stationed on Kamino alongside Colt, Havoc, and Blitz, who oversaw the training of clone cadets. The commando walked with two other clone troopers in a hangar at Tipoca City where Domino Squad, Bravo Squad, and two other cadet units were present, and listened to speeches given by Master Chief Bric and Commander Colt.
The ARC trooper was later present above the arena housing the Citadel Challenge training course, observing the cadets' final exam. Alongside several other clone cadets, he witnessed Domino Squad fail to complete the challenge. However, after Jedi General Shaak Ti allowed the squad to try the final examination a second time, the commando saw the group succeed at the test.
Battle of Kamino
- "The droids have been pushed back to the main hangar."
- ―Shaak Ti, reporting the status of the battle
Later in the war, during 21 BBY, the Separatist Alliance launched an attack on Kamino. During the naval engagement, Separatist Munificent-class star frigates launched Trident-class assault ships disguised as debris into the oceans below. The assault ships then attacked the Tipoca City Military Complex, causing the city's forces to ready for battle. As such, the ARC trooper joined Commanders Colt, Havoc, and Blitz at the main hangar to defend it and direct Republic forces. As Havoc gave an assignment to troopers CT-1409 "Echo" and CT-5555 "Fives," the commando was directing a number of other troops.
When a Trident-class assault ship prepared to breach the hangar, the ARC trooper gave a hand signal to a clone armed with a Z-6 rotary blaster cannon, directing him to hold fire. After the hangar was breached by a second assault ship, Republic troops engaged the aqua droids that had deployed from the enemy craft, with the Advanced Recon Commando continuing to command Republic forces. Eventually, Separatist forces grew thin and were pushed back to the main hangar. With the deaths of Colt and Havoc, the Advanced Recon Commando remained in the hangar and was joined by Shaak Ti.
The commando and other clone troopers subsequently managed to destroy both Trident-class assault ships that had breached the main hangar, while Commander Blitz directed a trio of Advanced Recon Force Scout Troopers, ordering one to fire on an assault ship with a rocket launcher. The Separatist forces were ultimately defeated, and the ARC trooper was near Marshal Commander CC-2224 "Cody" and Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex" as the pair promoted Echo and Fives to ARC trooper status.
Personality and traits
Skills and abilities
The clone had received ARC training at one point prior to serving as an ARC trooper. During the Battle of Kamino, the ARC trooper fought on the front lines, commanding other troopers and engaging Separatist forces.
As an ARC trooper, the clone made use of white Phase I ARC Trooper Armor, which included a helmet with a rangefinder; a kama; a double pauldron; additional gray armor platings on the chest, arms, and legs; a survival pack; and two holsters for DC-17 hand blasters. Additionally, his ARC trooper armor featured red markings, and he utilized a DC-15A blaster rifle.
Behind the scenes
The Advanced Recon Commando first appeared, albeit unnamed, in the episode "Clone Cadets," the first episode of the third season of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The episode aired on September 17, 2010.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 clone troopers of the Galactic Republic were based on the clone template of Jango Fett, a human male, and were created on the planet Kamino. The Databank entry also establishes that as a clone of Fett, they had a height of 1.83 meters, brown eyes, and tan skin. As the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Clone Cadets" establishes that the Advanced Recon Commando was a clone trooper, he must therefore share these characteristics. states that
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rise of the Separatists establishes that Advanced Recon Commandos receive ARC program training prior to becoming ARC troopers.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film and the episode "Supply Lines" to 22 BBY. Since places the events of "Clone Cadets" between the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film and "Supply Lines," the events of "Clone Cadets" must also take place in 22 BBY. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas also establishes that the Clone Wars began in 22 BBY and lasted until 19 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas