- "We are Children of the Emperor, like her. We understand what it means to be severed from him."
- ―Tannac, about himself and his fellow Children
A Human male was a Child of the Emperor, an agent of the Sith Emperor of the reconstituted Sith Empire, during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Going underground with his fellow Child Tannac after the supposed death of the Emperor, the Child accompanied Tannac to the planet Voss to retrieve their crazed sibling Suri and help her block out the wounded Emperor's mental commands.
Biography[edit | edit source]
The Human male grew up on the planet Korriban, and during his childhood he was brought before the Sith Emperor of the resurgent Sith Empire. The Emperor transformed the youth into a Child of the Emperor, an extension of his will. In 3641 BBY, during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, the Human went underground with a fellow Child named Tannac after the apparent deaths of the Emperor and the First Son—the Child who shielded his siblings from the Jedi Order's view. Blocking out the mental raging of the wounded Emperor, the Human Child and Tannac tracked down their sibling Suri on the planet Voss after she contacted Kira Carsen, a former Child who was now a Jedi Knight.
Locating Suri in the cave known as the Mind healer's grove, the Human and Tannac interrupted Suri's conversation with Carsen and her former teacher, the Jedi Master known as the Hero of Tython, who was responsible for the Emperor's apparent death. Speaking to the Jedi, Tannac convinced the two to let Suri depart with her siblings so that she could learn to block out the Emperor's voice.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The unnamed Child first appeared as a non-player character named "Tannac's Henchman" in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011, during the mission "The Emperor's Orphans" for the Jedi Knight class. If the player chooses to fight Tannac and Suri, which will result in a loss of affection with Carsen, all three Children will die in battle. This article assumes that the player chooses only the moral light-side options as a Republic Jedi Knight character and therefore assumes the Child survived.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Emperor's Orphans" on Voss
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- This article assumes that the Republic classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic choose the options that provide the most light-side alignment points.