- "Clan Rook is with you."
- ―The warrior, to Bo-Katan Kryze
A human female Mandalorian was a lead warrior of Clan Rook. She pledged her clan to the Mandalorian resistance led by Lady Bo-Katan Kryze during the Mandalorian Civil War. The warrior was equipped with gray Mandalorian armor with yellow and purple highlights and two blaster pistols.
The Mandalorian woman was a member of Clan Rook and served as a lead warrior for the Mandalorian clan. In 2 BBY, the Mandalorian Civil War broke out between the Mandalorians with Clan Wren rising up against the Galactic Empire–aligned Clan Saxon and Imperial Super Commandos. About a year later, Sabine Wren led the successful Mission to Mandalore, with the help of Clan Kryze, to rescue her father from Clan Saxon custody. The mission saw the destruction of Imperial superweapon "the Duchess" and the death of Governor Tiber Saxon. In response, the lead Clan Rook warrior pledged her own clan to Lady Bo-Katan Kryze and the Mandalorian resistance against the Galactic Empire along with several other Mandalorian factions.
Personality and traitsEdit
The Mandalorian warrior was a human female who had brown eyes and dark skin. She spoke in a serious and confident manner, having committed her clan against the Galactic Empire. When Sabine Wren gave Bo-Katan Kryze the Darksaber, the lead warrior of Clan Rook gave a hopeful smile as she looked on.
As a warrior of Clan Rook, she wore a set of Mandalorian armor featuring the symbol of her clan in purple. This type of armor was made of beskar, a steel alloy commonly used by all Mandalorian clans. Her particular armor was grey with yellow and purple highlights, which was typical for members of her clan.
Behind the scenesEdit
First being shown in the second trailer for Season 4 of Rebels, Clan Rook and the warrior subsequently appeared in the premiere of the fourth season of Star Wars Rebels, titled Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore, which aired in 2017. She appears alongside several other members of her clan in the final scene of the episode.
According to Amy Beth Christenson, every designer had to draft several Mandalorian armor variations for the scene while ensuring each individual Mandalorian looked similar to their fellow clan members. The concept art for the lead Clan Rook warrior was drafted by Luke Harrington on May 3, 2016. Originally, the character had blue eyes instead of brown.
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore (First appearance)
- (First pictured)
- (Slide 5)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars Rebels – "Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore"
- ↑ Dawn of Rebellion dates the events of Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow seventeen years after the end of the Clone Wars, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY; therefore, the events of Steps Into Shadow must take place in 2 BBY. According to Star Wars: On the Front Lines, Mon Mothma's denunciation of the Galactic Empire and the Declaration of the Rebel Alliance take place two years before the Battle of Yavin or 2 BBY. As "Legacy of Mandalore" is set between Steps Into Shadow and "Secret Cargo," the events of the episode must also take place in 2 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"
- ↑ The Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore states that Bo-Katan Kryze was redesigned to advance the character's age by "18 years or so." As she was last seen in The Lawless, which was dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, it can be assumed that the events of Heroes of Mandalore take place in approximately 1 BBY. for
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- ↑ Star Wars: Rebels. Skywalker Sound. Archived from the original on January 19, 2020.