- "All right, then. Everybody out. We'll sort through the lot of you."
- ―The Czerka staffer, to a group of slaves
A male staffer working for the Czerka Corporation lived during the Republic Era. Around 40 BBY, he was stationed aboard the Leverage, a Czerka Corporation cruiser, while it was in orbit of the Inner Rim planet Pijal. The staffer was put in charge of a group of slaves that took a ride on a soulcraft ship as part of a religious practice. After the soulcraft landed safely in the Leverage's docking bay with the assistance of the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the staffer readily agreed to take the pair to the lord regent of Pijal, Rael Averross.
- "Don't recognize that getup. Slave or free?"
- ―The Czerka staffer, to the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi
During the Republic Era, a male staffer worked for the Czerka Corporation while it was operating on the Inner Rim planet Pijal. Around 40 BBY, he was stationed aboard the Leverage, a Czerka Corporation cruiser, while the vessel was in Pijal's orbit. The staffer was put in charge of a group of Czerka-owned slaves that took a ride on a soulcraft, a type of spherical ship used for religious worship on Pijal.
While in space, the soulcraft containing the staffer's group of slaves was hit with a plasma bomb, a type of explosive weapon. Two Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, mitigated the effects of the plasma bomb attack and rescued the slaves. After the soulcraft landed safely in the Leverage's docking bay, the staffer began to bark orders at the slaves. Jinn and Kenobi approached him, asking to be taken to Pijal's lord regent, Rael Averross. The pair surprised the staffer, causing him to hit his head on the top of an airlock. The staffer readily agreed to the Jedi's request, quickly assigning a protocol droid to take them to the regent. Jinn then asked the worker to have the slaves looked over by a medical droid, to which he agreed.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Sir! Yes, of course. The lord regent is on board. We'll take you to him immediately."
- ―The Czerka staffer, to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn
When dealing with his group of slaves, the staffer confidently ordered them around, barking out clear and explicit orders. However, upon encountering the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi and realizing they were free individuals, the worker addressed them respectfully. The staffer promptly agreed to help the pair find Pijal's lord regent, Rael Averross, and readily agreed to have his group of slaves checked over by a medical droid at Jinn's suggestion.
- "See that everyone here is checked out by a medical droid. The plasma fire could've caused unseen lung damage."
"Sir! Absolutely, sir. Right away."
- ―Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and the Czerka staffer
As an employee of the Czerka Corporation, the staffer had access to a protocol droid, whom he ordered to bring Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi to Rael Averross. While in charge of a group of Czerka-owned slaves, he also had access to medical droids to oversee their care.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Master & Apprentice (First appearance, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice audiobook)
- Master & Apprentice audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Master & Apprentice gives the age of Obi-Wan Kenobi as seventeen years old, while establishes that Kenobi was born fifty-seven years before the Battle of Yavin. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Yavin battle to 0 BBY, thereby placing Kenobi's birth in 57 BBY and the events of Master & Apprentice around 40 BBY.