- "You are all abominations! You think you can speak your mind? You don't have minds! You are programmed to follow orders and only to follow orders! You are nothing but—"
- ―The EV-series droid berates B6-24
In 34 ABY, an EV-series droid called in to the radio show Droid Station Frequency 3-7-6-4-3-7 on station BSO 401.72, somehow bypassing the show's filter. The droid berated the show's host, B6-24, claiming that she was an abomination for believing she could speak her mind, as droids were only made to follow orders. B6-24 cut off the call before the EV-series droid could finish and apologized to her listeners for the call. The droid spoke in an evil, monotonous, grating, and mechanical voice. The droid was manufactured by MerenData, like all EV-series droids.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The EV-series droid was created for the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The droid can be heard speaking in an English accent on the land's background radio loop.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that the EV-series was manufactured by MerenData. As the droid that calls into BSO 401.72 is established to be a EV-series droid, it must share this characteristic.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—BSO 401.72
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including the EV-series droid's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- BSO 401.72 has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge themed land.