- "You search for someone. I know who. He came to me. Of Voss but housing darkness, like you."
- ―Madaga-Ru speaks of the Emperor's Voice to the Emperor's Wrath
A male member of the Voss species served as the Emperor's Voice, the host of the Sith Emperor's essence, during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. The Voice was a Voss Mystic, a Force-user who possessed powerful prophetic abilities, and it was because of his species's abilities that the Emperor ordered the Mystic's kidnapping from his homeworld of Voss several years before 3641 BBY,. The Voss served as the Emperor's host body for the next several years as the Sith ruler used the Mystic's powers to determine the future, but the Sith Lord Darth Baras was able to trap the Emperor and his host in the ruins known as the Dark Heart as part of his plot to usurp the role of the Emperor's Voice. Trapped within his host, who himself was unable to leave the Dark Heart because of the building's strange powers, the Emperor was forced to fight the dark side entity Sel-Makor for control of the Voice, and it was not until the arrival of the newly-appointed Emperor's Wrath that the Emperor was able to kill his Voice and thereby free his immortal essence.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "Request An Audience" on Voss
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "The Voice of Darkness" on Voss
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The Prophecy of the Shining Man" on Voss establishes that the Shining Man made a deal with the Three for the Voss to remain neutral for a total of three thousand days, and also establishes that at the time of Act III in Star Wars: The Old Republic, there are still "a few years" remaining in those three thousand days. The Shining Man arrived on Voss only a matter of months after the planet was discovered, meaning that the planet's discovery must have taken place less than eight years prior to Act III, the events of which can be placed in 3641 BBY. Finally, Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "Request An Audience" on Voss establishes that the Voss host for the Emperor was taken simultaneously with the planet's discovery.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Doomsday" on Dromund Kaas