- Stormtrooper: "Knights of Ren."
- Stormtrooper 2: "Ghouls!"
- ―The stromtrooper talking to his colleague[src]
A human male served as one of the First Order's stormtroopers assigned to Kylo Ren's flagship the Steadfast. As Ren and his Knights strode through the Steadfast's corridors into the conference room, the stormtrooper noticed the group and made a comment to his fellow guard about the Knights of Ren, prompting his colleague to turn toward him and remark "ghouls!"
Behind the scenes
- "Here's the process. I had the good fortune to go and visit J.J. Abrams while he was shooting The Rise of Skywalker. While I was there, he put me in a stormtrooper uniform and we had a really fun day on set. It's been one of my life-long goals to be a stormtrooper, so I can tick that off now."
- ―Karl Urban
The stormtrooper was portrayed by Karl Urban in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, although in the movie credits, the actor is merely listed as providing "additional voices". According to Urban, he visited director J.J. Abrams while the latter was shooting the film and Abrams put him in a stormtrooper uniform, resulting in what the actor referred to as "a really fun day on set" for both of them.
In 2013, when asked if he would appear in Star Wars, Urban stated that he would never do a Star Wars movie because he was recognizable from Star Trek and he felt that seeing a Star Trek actor in a Star Wars movie would be a big turn-off for the audience. However, in 2018, he stated that if he was given the opportunity, he would be glad to be part of it, commenting on the way fellow Star Trek actor Simon Pegg was completely unrecognizable in The Force Awakens and that there were ways and means to make a Star Wars appearance happen.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references