- "Master Unskette and I tried to recruit a child on Orto, but the parents threw stones at us. Referred the case to the Council."
- ―Thame Cerulian's notation in The Jedi Path: A Manual of Students of the Force
A child sensitive to the Force lived on the planet Orto during the last century of the Galactic Republic. At some point prior to 103 BBY, Jedi Master Unskette and his Padawan Thame Cerulian came across the child while on Orto together. Recognizing the infant's potential for Jedi training, they wanted to recruit the child to the Jedi Order. The parents, however, were not ready to hand over their offspring, even throwing stones at the pair to drive them away. Cerulian later recorded the event in his copy of the book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force, commenting that he and his Master had passed the child's case on to the Jedi High Council.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Force-sensitive child was first mentioned in The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force, a reference book written by Daniel Wallace and published in 2010. Neither the child's gender nor species were established in the book.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- According to The Jedi Path, Thame Cerulian owned a copy of the book between 115 BBY and 103 BBY. Since the book is meant for Jedi Initiates and apprentices, it can be assumed that Cerulian became a Jedi Knight around the time he gave up the ownership of his copy; as Cerulian was still Unskette's apprentice when he wrote the comment on the child's recruiting attempt, it must therefore have happened at some point before 103 BBY.