- "Lieutenant, did the kidnappers see you?"
"No, sir. We're the best scouts in the regiment."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and a Clone Lieutenant
A regiment of the Grand Army of the Republic was active during the early Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance. The infantry regiment included Advanced Recon Force Scout Troopers, with two members, a commander and a lieutenant, being considered the regiment's best scouts.
In 22 BBY, shortly prior to the Battle of Teth, the pair was dispatched in a Nu-class transport to investigate the kidnapping of Rotta the Hutt, son of crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure. After tracking a group of Jabba's bounty hunters to a monastery on the planet Teth, and discovering a sizeable battle droid force there, the troopers reported their findings to Jedi General Anakin Skywalker in preparation for his rescue of Rotta.
Within the Grand Army of the Republic, an infantry regiment with scouting elements was active. It was comprised of clone troopers, at least two of which were Advanced Recon Force Scout Troopers who wore Phase I ARF armor with a green forest camouflage. Additionally, the regiment utilized at least one Nu-class transport for scouting operations. As a regiment in the Grand Army of the Republic, the unit was divided into sixteen companies, which in turn contained four platoons each. Each platoon contained four squads, for a total of 2,304 troopers.
Mission to the monasteryEdit
- "We discovered that Jabba the Hutt has also hired bounty hunters to track down his son, and we followed them to a monastery on planet Teth."
- ―The ARF Clone Commander, to Mace Windu
The regiment was active early in the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance, shortly prior to the Battle of Teth in 22 BBY. Following the kidnapping of Rotta, Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure's son, by an alleged rival group of pirates, who were actually under orders from the Separatists, Jabba contacted the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order for help.
Upon Jabba's call for aid, two scouts who considered themselves the best in the regiment, an ARF Clone Commander and an ARF Clone Lieutenant, were dispatched to gather more information. During their mission, the two Advanced Recon Force troopers discovered that Jabba had also hired a group of bounty hunters to track down his son, and the scouts followed them to a B'omarr Order Monastery on the planet Teth in their Nu-class transport.
As the lieutenant was observing the monastery, the regiment's commander ordered him to contact Jedi General Mace Windu to report on their progress. Contacting both Windu and Grand Master Yoda at the Jedi Temple communication center via hologram, the commander informed the Jedi about Jabba's bounty hunters and their presence at the Teth monastery. Although the trooper believed this was where Rotta was being held, he explained that the site was too heavily fortified for them to do anything by themselves. As such, Windu instructed the commander to stay hidden and await further orders.
Reporting to SkywalkerEdit
- "What about the bounty hunters? Are they still down there?"
"I don't think so. We haven't seen them in a while."
"Well, what are we up against?"
"Looks like at least two droid battalions protecting a monastery. It's heavily fortified, sir, you won't be able to land there."
"Good work. Get some rest."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and the ARF Clone Lieutenant
When Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and the 501st Legion arrived in the Teth system to rescue Rotta, the regiment's ARF troopers piloted their transport to Skywalker's Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ship. After landing in a hangar, Skywalker immediately asked the soldiers if they had been seen by the kidnappers, to which the lieutenant reported negative. The general then enquired about Jabba's bounty hunters, who the lieutenant doubted were still at the monastery, having not seen them for some time.
Continuing, the lieutenant then reported the presence of at least two droid battalions protecting the monastery, which was heavily fortified to prevent direct landings. Pleased with the troopers' work, General Skywalker told the pair to get some rest. Following the briefing, the 501st's Torrent Company and two All Terrain Tactical Enforcers were deployed in several Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry gunships and Low Altitude Assault Transport carrier to the monastery, where they successfully rescued Rotta.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film establishes the regiment as part of the Grand Army of the Republic. Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes a Republic regiment contains 2,304 clone troopers divided between sixteen companies, and that each company contains four platoons. It further states that each platoon has four squads.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Christophsis and the Mission to Rodia to 22 BBY. Since the Battle of Teth takes place between the Battle of Christophsis and the Mission to Rodia, it must have also taken place in the same year.