- "I see through her eyes. My apprentice dreams of her past under the light of a red sun."
- ―The Emperor, speaking through his Voice
A Human male was used by the Sith Emperor as his Voice, or host body, during the early years of the Great Galactic War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. Through the Human, the Emperor oversaw the creation of the agents known as the Children of the Emperor and ordered the Empire's ruling Dark Council to hunt down his traitorous Sith apprentice Exal Kressh, though the Human was eventually replaced by the time of the subsequent Cold War.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "This is the weapon you have chosen?"
"Yes, my Emperor."
- ―The Emperor and Darth Marr
A Human male was used as the host, or Voice, of the Sith Emperor's essence during the first years of the Great Galactic War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. In 3678 BBY, the Emperor's host was present in the Imperial Citadel on the Empire's capital of Dromund Kaas when he requested that the Empire's ruling Dark Council find him someone to hunt down his wayward apprentice Exal Kressh. When Darth Marr, a member of the Empire's ruling Dark Council, brought the Sith apprentice Teneb Kel before him, the Emperor informed the boy that he would find Kressh in the Lenico system. Ignoring Kel's attempts to speak, the Human then reached out to place his fingertips upon the apprentice's forehead, causing Kel to collapse at the touch of the Emperor's mind as the Sith ruler sifted through his consciousness. The Human eventually died and was replaced sometime before the Cold War, when the Emperor took a member of the Voss species as his Voice.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
A bald Human with tan skin and yellow eyes, the Voice spoke with the Emperor's own emotionless voice, and his original personality was entirely wiped away by the Emperor's possession of his body.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "The voice does not belong to mortals. To speak in its presence seems heresy."
- ―Teneb Kel's thoughts on the Voice
The Human male thought to be the Emperor first appeared in Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith, an issue in the webcomics relating to the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. First published on April 23, 2010, the comic featured the first image of the Emperor, though the 2011 novel The Old Republic: Revan contradicted the issue by stating that he was a Sith Pureblood. However, the Sith Warrior class story in The Old Republic resolved this by explaining the mechanism of the Voice, and the 2012 reference guide Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia further clarified the situation by stating that the Sith Pureblood body seen in the novel was the Emperor's original body, as he only began to use Voices after the events of the novel.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The Prophecy of the Shining Man" on Voss establishes that the Shining Man made a deal with the Three for the Voss to remain neutral for a total of three thousand days, and also establishes that at the time of Act III in Star Wars: The Old Republic, there are still "a few years" remaining in those three thousand days. The Shining Man arrived on Voss only a matter of months after the planet was discovered, meaning that the planet's discovery must have taken place less than eight years prior to Act III, the events of which can be placed in 3641 BBY. Finally, Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "Request An Audience" on Voss establishes that the Voss host for the Emperor was taken simultaneously with the planet's discovery.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "The Voice of Darkness" on Voss explains that the Emperor's essence can only change bodies when his current host dies, meaning that the Voice must have died or been killed.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places