- "And above all, it's a mixture of mystic Force weirdness and weaponized biohazard hiding in the wrecked ship of a long-dead Jedi, which adds up to the best motive of all…profit."
- ―Chelli Aphra
A Jedi lived long before the reign of the Galactic Empire. The Jedi was infected by gundravian hookspores, and eventually died. The Jedi's corpse, along with their Penumbra-1 shattersprite, ended up inside Accresker Jail, where the hookspores, mutated by the kyber crystal inside the Jedi's lightsaber, became sentient.
- "A few short years when host and swarm coexisted! And then—the failure of frail flesh…the crash…the stillness…"
- ―The Force spirit of the hookspores
During the Jedi's life, they became the host to a swarm of gundravian hookspores which infected them. Several years afterwards, the Jedi was killed while in their Penumbra-1 shattersprite, and the wreckage of the ship eventually came to be within the wreckage-prison of Accresker Jail, where the hookspores were stuck. The hookspores mutated due to the presence of a Force-active kyber crystal, and became psychically imprinted with the personality of the Jedi. The hookspores were able to appear as a Force spirit, and had Force abilities.
The corpse of the Jedi was discovered by Chelli Aphra, who was led to the wreckage of the Jedi's ship by the Force spirit. She discovered the infestation of hookspores and the Jedi's lightsaber, but was forced to return to the prison before she could do anything about either.
- Doctor Aphra 22 (First appearance) (Appears as a corpse)
- Doctor Aphra 23 (Appears as a corpse)
- Doctor Aphra 24 (Appears as a corpse)
- Doctor Aphra 27 (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 38 (Indirect mention only)