A Kubaz male operated as a bounty hunter during the era of the New Republic. The Kubaz tracked a target, a child under the protection of the bounty hunter known as the Mandalorian, to the planet Sorgan. The Kubaz intended to kill the target, but was shot and killed by Carasynthia Dune.
- "Who's he tracking?"
- ―Cara Dune and the Mandalorian discuss the bounty hunter's intentions
The Kubaz bounty hunter was a member of the Bounty Hunters' Guild during the New Republic Era. Around 9 ABY, he received a tracking fob to hunt down a child. The Kubaz tracked the child to the planet Sorgan where he had been taken by another bounty hunter named Din Djarin, known as "the Mandalorian." Following the fob's trail through a forest, he found the Mandalorian and the child at a village. The Kubaz aimed at the Mandalorian while he talked to a resident before switching his aim to the child. However, the former rebel Carasynthia Dune sneaked behind him and shot the bounty hunter in the back before he could kill the child. The Mandalorian arrived at the scene, after hearing the shot, and rolled the Kubaz's body over, finding and destroying the tracking fob. Knowing that the Guild was after the child, the Mandalorian departed Sorgan.
The Kubaz bounty hunter wore a black fur coat with a round metal hood. He also had a silver metal mask covering his face and snout. The bounty hunter used a sniper rifle with a cross hair that allowed him to magnify his targets.
Behind the scenes
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 4: Sanctuary" (First appearance)
- The Mandalorian: Season 1: Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel (Appears as a corpse)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Guide to Season One
- "Scarif and Other Outer Rim Planets" – Star Wars Encyclopedia