- «I assure you this landspeeder is brand new. It's the latest model… At your pleasure.»
- ―The ferryman attempts to reassure the Mandalorian before being paid extra
A gray-skinned Kubaz worked as a ferryman on the ice planet Pagodon shortly after the fall of the Galactic Empire. In around 9 ABY, the Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin approached the ferryman with "The Mythrol", a Mythrol bounty he had captured in a cantina, seeking transport back to his gunship, the Razor Crest, which was parked out on nearby ice fields.
The Kubaz summoned one of his newest landspeeders by playing the flute, but the Mandalorian rejected it as an R2 unit piloted it. Following Djarin's extra payment, the Kubaz played the flute once more, instead summoning a much older landspeeder driven by a human pilot, which the Mandalorian accepted. The Kubaz wore a pair of goggles, a brown and gray jacket with a fur-lined hood, brown pants, red gloves, and black boots.
Behind the scenes
The Kubaz ferryman appeared in the first episode of the 2019 Disney+ television series The Mandalorian, which aired on November 12, 2019. He was portrayed by Christopher Bartlett. The character's mask was made for the show by Tom Spina's design company, Regal Robot. The ferryman was initially going to be a Trandoshan.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian" (First appearance)
- The Mandalorian: Season 1: Volume 1
- The Mandalorian 1
Notes and references
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian"
- The Mandalorian is set around five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which corresponds to around 9 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The events of Chapters 1 to 6 of The Mandalorian must therefore take place around that year. establishes that
- The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian