- "I fought a Matukai—never again!"
- ―Thame Cerulian's notation in The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
A Matukai once fought with Jedi Padawan Thame Cerulian at some point prior to 103 BBY. A member of the Matukai organization of Force adepts who used the physical body to channel the Force, the warrior proved to be a challenging opponent to Cerulian. Following the fight, the Padawan commented in his copy of the book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force that he would "never again" want to face a Matukai in combat.
Behind the scenes
The unidentified Matukai's only mention in Star Wars media is in The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force. The reference book, written by Daniel Wallace and published in 2010, was intended to represent a single in-universe manual passed from master to apprentice, with each Jedi notating the book while it was in their possession. A comment scrawled by Thame Cerulian in the margins of a passage about the Matukai organization provides the information about the adept. The Matukai's gender and species were not established in the book, nor the circumstances of the fight with Cerulian.
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- According to The Jedi Path, Thame Cerulian owned a copy of the book between 115 BBY and 103 BBY. Since the book is meant for Jedi Initiates and apprentices, it can be assumed that Cerulian became a Jedi Knight around the time he gave up the ownership of his copy; as Cerulian was still a Padawan when he wrote the comment about the Matukai, their fight must therefore have taken place at some point before 103 BBY.