- "I fought a Matukai—never again!"
- ―Thame Cerulian's notation in The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
A Matukai once fought with Jedi Padawan Thame Cerulian at some point prior to 103 BBY. A member of the Matukai organization of Force adepts who used the physical body to channel the Force, the warrior proved to be a challenging opponent to Cerulian. Following the fight, the Padawan commented in his copy of the book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force that he would "never again" want to face a Matukai in combat.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The unidentified Matukai's only mention in Star Wars media is in The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force. The reference book, written by Daniel Wallace and published in 2010, was intended to represent a single in-universe manual passed from master to apprentice, with each Jedi notating the book while it was in their possession. A comment scrawled by Thame Cerulian in the margins of a passage about the Matukai organization provides the information about the adept. The Matukai's gender and species were not established in the book, nor the circumstances of the fight with Cerulian.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- According to The Jedi Path, Thame Cerulian owned a copy of the book between 115 BBY and 103 BBY. Since the book is meant for Jedi Initiates and apprentices, it can be assumed that Cerulian became a Jedi Knight around the time he gave up the ownership of his copy; as Cerulian was still a Padawan when he wrote the comment about the Matukai, their fight must therefore have taken place at some point before 103 BBY.