- "We lost Urlik! A Delta-7 has entered the battle."
- ―A Valahari pilot and the Jedi, as the latter enters the battle of Valahari
A male Mon Calamari Jedi participated in the Clone Wars. Early in the war, in 22 BBY, he was in charge of a Galactic Republic blockade of the planet Valahari, operating from the Venator-class Star Destroyer Majestic. Not long after the establishment of the blockade, the Jedi's forces were attacked by the people of Valahari, led by the ace pilot Tofen Vane of the royal House of Vane. The Mon Calamari flew a Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor into battle but was killed when Vane damaged his starship and tossed it into the Majestic's bridge with a tow cable. All Republic forces were destroyed as well, except for one escape pod that was allowed to flee.
- "I'm hit. Flame suppressors are out…gahk…need assistance…"
- ―The Jedi, after being hit by Tofen Vane
A male Mon Calamari was a member of the Jedi Order and served the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. In 22 BBY, the Republic established a blockade of the planet Valahari, after the planet's royal House of Vane refused to stop selling military technology to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Mon Calamari was placed in charge of the blockade, commanding from the Majestic, one of the three Venator-class Star Destroyers stationed at Valahari. Soon, however, the Jedi's forces were attacked by a force of Valahari starfighters led by Tofen Vane, an ace pilot and the heir to the House of Vane. Tofen believed that the Republic had been responsible for the death of his father, Harko Vane, in an earlier skirmish—though this in fact had been secretly orchestrated by the Confederacy in order to sway the Valahari to their side—and sought to liberate his planet from the Republic control. The Republic's Blue Squadron was the first to fall under attack, and all of its members were quickly killed except for Blue Six. The latter managed to inform the Mon Calamari of the approaching enemy fighters before his V-19 Torrent starfighter was shot down as well.
As the Valahari harassed the Republic Star Destroyers, Vane picked off the remaining V-19s. At this point, the Mon Calamari joined the battle, leaving the Majestic in a Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor. He was able to kill the Valahari pilot Urlik before Vane caught on to him. Vane damaged the Jedi's craft with a rear-facing laser cannon, engulfing it in flames. The Jedi was unable to put out the fire, since his flame suppressors had also failed. As his cockpit began to fill with smoke, the Mon Calamari requested assistance. However, before he could receive any help, Vane used a tow cable to swing the disabled starfighter into the bridge of the Majestic, and the Jedi died upon impact. Vane's men destroyed all Republic forces, allowing only one escape pod with clone troopers to escape and spread the news that the Valahari had joined the Confederacy.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Clone Wars 10: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 1–2, The Second Battle of Geonosis) dates "Landing at Point Rain" to 22 BBY. Since Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded places the events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Hero of the Confederacy prior to "Landing at Point Rain," it can be concluded that Hero of the Confederacy also takes place in 22 BBY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 The Clone Wars 10: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 1
- ↑ The Clone Wars 11: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 2