- "I placed a single operative in charge of the Power Guard project. Gave him unlimited authority and enough credits to fund the program."
- ―Var Suthra
A male operative of the Galactic Republic was placed in charge of developing Power Guard Enhancement System, a supersoldier project created by the Republic superweapon initiative, during the Cold War with the Sith Empire. Granted unlimited authority and a large sum of credits by the initiative's leader, General Var Suthra of the Republic Military, the operative progressed with the Power Guard project on the neutral moon of Nar Shaddaa in absolute secrecy. However, in the year 3643 BBY, the project was uncovered by the Empire and the man was tortured to death by the Sith Lord Sadic. Agent Galen of the Republic Strategic Information Service, the Republic's intelligence agency, tracked down the operative in the district known as the Nikto Sector, and discovered that the Imperials had stolen data files on the project from the man's body.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Republic operative was first mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011. First discussed in the Jedi Knight class mission "The Power Guard Project," the operative's fate is revealed in the subsequent mission "The Search for Agent Galen," but neither mention reveals his name or species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Power Guard Project" on Nar Shaddaa
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Search for Agent Galen" on Nar Shaddaa