- "I placed a single operative in charge of the Power Guard project. Gave him unlimited authority and enough credits to fund the program."
- ―Var Suthra
A male operative of the Galactic Republic was placed in charge of developing Power Guard Enhancement System, a supersoldier project created by the Republic superweapon initiative, during the Cold War with the Sith Empire. Granted unlimited authority and a large sum of credits by the initiative's leader, General Var Suthra of the Republic Military, the operative progressed with the Power Guard project on the neutral moon of Nar Shaddaa in absolute secrecy. However, in the year 3643 BBY, the project was uncovered by the Empire and the man was tortured to death by the Sith Lord Sadic. Agent Galen of the Republic Strategic Information Service, the Republic's intelligence agency, tracked down the operative in the district known as the Nikto Sector, and discovered that the Imperials had stolen data files on the project from the man's body.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Republic operative was first mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011. First discussed in the Jedi Knight class mission "The Power Guard Project," the operative's fate is revealed in the subsequent mission "The Search for Agent Galen," but neither mention reveals his name or species.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Power Guard Project" on Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Search for Agent Galen" on Nar Shaddaa