- "Doc! How's Jessop? He okay?"
"Your friend suffered from a rakghoul bite."
"Just a bite. So he got off easy?"
"He was infected with the rakghoul plague. He was turning into one of them, so I spared him the misery."
"I think I'm gonna be sick."
"There, there. We'll find you a grief counselor."
- ―The soldier and Jessop's doctor
A human male served as a soldier in the army of the Galactic Republic during the Cold War between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. He participated in the attempted resettlement of the planet Taris and was friends with an individual named Jessop.
In the year 3643 BBY, the Republic soldier asked a Twi'lek doctor about Jessop, who had been bitten by a rakghoul, a type of Sithspawn that roamed Taris. The doctor admitted that he had killed Jessop as the latter had been infected with the rakghoul plague and had been in the process of transforming into a rakghoul himself. Jessop's friend then claimed to feel sick, and the doctor offered to take the soldier to a grief counselor.
The soldier had brown hair, blue eyes, and light skin. He wore the green armor that was standard issue for Republic soldiers stationed on Taris. Upon hearing that Jessop had been euthanized, the soldier remarked that he felt ill.
Behind the scenes
The Republic soldier was created for the 2011 video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by BioWare. In the game, the soldier appears as a non-player character only identified as "Concerned Soldier."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ambient dialogue in the city of Olaris, Taris
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. As the three aforementioned classes can witness the conversation between Jessop's doctor and his friend in Act I on Taris, it must therefore take place in 3643 BBY. places
- Knights of the Old Republic 25