A Sith witch led Sith military forces during the Great Scourge of Malachor, a battle between the Jedi Order and the Sith Empire millennia before the Cold War, a period of risen tensions between the First Order and the New Republic after the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY and before the Hosnian Cataclysm in 34 ABY.
The battle on the planet Malachor involved ancient superweapons, including the Malachor Sith Temple. During the battle, the Sith temple's internal superweapon misfired and obliterated both forces, including the witch. The misfiring left the charred remains of the forces as a memorial, forever locked in stone.
Behind the scenes
- Dawn of Rebellion (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice" establishes that all combatants of the Great Scourge of Malachor perished in the battle. Since the Sith witch was among those combatants, as established by Dawn of Rebellion, it can be deduced that she died as well.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary places the Great Scourge of Malachor millennia before the Cold War.
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Dawn of Rebellion establishes that the Great Scourge of Malachor was fought between the Jedi and the forces of the Sith witch. Darth Maul (2017) 2 establishes that the Sith forces were part of the Sith Empire, so it can be deduced that the Sith witch was affiliated with the Sith Empire, as well.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition