- "Doc! How's Jessop? He okay?"
"Your friend suffered from a rakghoul bite."
"Just a bite. So he got off easy?"
"He was infected with the rakghoul plague. He was turning into one of them, so I spared him the misery."
"I think I'm gonna be sick."
"There, there. We'll find you a grief counselor."
- ―A Republic soldier and the doctor
During the Galactic Republic's attempted resettlement of the planet Taris, a male Twi'lek worked as a doctor. In the year 3643 BBY, he treated the individual known as Jessop, who had been bitten by a rakghoul, a type of Sithspawn that roamed Taris.
When it became clear that Jessop had been infected with the rakghoul plague, which transformed the infected into rakghouls, the doctor was forced to kill his patient. While in the settlement of Olaris, the Twi'lek talked to a Republic soldier who had been friends with Jessop. After revealing to the soldier his friend's fate, the doctor offered to take him to a grief counselor.
Behind the scenes
The doctor was created for the 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, developed by BioWare. In the game, the doctor appears as a non-player character only identified as "Weary Doctor."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ambient dialogue in the city of Olaris, Taris
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. As the three aforementioned classes can witness the conversation between the doctor and Jessop's friend on Taris, it must therefore take place in 3643 BBY. places
- Knights of the Old Republic 25