A Venator-class Star Destroyer was used by the navy of the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. The Venator-class Star Destroyer was stolen by the Confederacy of Independent Systems and stationed above Abafar, where it was loaded with rhydonium to be used in an attack against the Valor space station in the Carida system, the location of a Republic strategy conference. After escaping Abafar, the Republic unit known as D-Squad boarded the Star Destroyer, unaware of its involvement in the Separatist plot. D-Squad managed to prevent the Venator from reaching its destination, and the vessel was destroyed at a safe distance from the station.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Highlights of the Saga: The Unlikely Heroes)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 73 (Droid Directory: D-Squad – Clone War Heroes)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 84 (Droid Directory: R2-D2 Astromech Part 6)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Highlights of the Saga: The Unlikely Heroes) dates the mission to Aut-O's flagship to 20 BBY. As "Point of No Return" establishes that the Carida incident and the destruction of the Venator-class Star Destroyer take place in the immediate aftermath of the mission, the incident must have occurred in that year.