A male Weequay was employed by Jabba the Hutt. He was a guard on the first skiff during the Battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon in 4 ABY, where he was killed by Luke Skywalker when the Jedi jumped back on the skiff. He was slashed by the lightsaber and fell off of the skiff and into the sarlacc, where he was eaten alive.
Behind the scenes
Hasbro released an action figure based on this Weequay named "Weequay Skiff Master" in 2012 for their Star Wars: The Vintage Collection line. In the current Star Wars canon, the character was given the name Rintel Aren in 2020.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi 2
- Return of the Jedi Storybook
- Return of the Jedi (book-and-record)
- Star Wars Manga: Return of the Jedi 1
- Escape from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (Luke Skywalker) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Weequay Skiff Master) (backup link)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 124 (WEE2, Weequay) (Picture only)