- "Now, assemble your warriors and your medic at the edge of town and go find Attichitcuk."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Chewbacca and his party
Wookiee colonists constructed a base on the moon Alaris Prime between 39 BBY and 36 BBY as part of a colonial war fought against the Trade Federation. It was established for the purpose of training bowcaster troopers to combat the Trade Federation Droid Army. The base also had access to multiple sources of food, which were harvested to support the Wookiee forces. When the colony's leader, Attichitcuk, was badly wounded by the Trade Federation's battle droids, his son, Chewbacca, led a party of troopers from the base on a rescue mission. After the party returned to the base with Attichitcuk, the Trade Federation sent three droidekas there in an attack that was unsuccessful.
- "If you build a Food Processing Center close to a source of food, your workers won't have to walk as far to deliver their food."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn, advising the Wookiees to expand the base
During the colonization of Alaris Prime, a moon of the planet Alaris in the Kashyyyk system, Wookiee workers constructed a base—one of several on the moon—surrounded by a river that flowed around the northern and eastern borders of the settlement. The base was also near a forest and had plentiful sources of food, including muja fruit bushes; wild animals such as nerfs and mynocks; and fish from the river.
When the base was first built, it contained four structures—a command center, a troop center for training bowcaster troopers, a prefab shelter for housing the Wookiees, and a power core to provide energy to each building. Following Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn's recommendations, more buildings were constructed at the base, including two food processing centers near the muja fruit bushes, multiple farms, an animal nursery, and enough prefab shelters to house at least eighteen Wookiees. Two markers were placed at the north-western edge of the base as a rallying point for the Wookiee troops.
Food and defenseEdit
- "We are in no position to challenge the Trade Federation army. For now, we will concentrate on defending ourselves if they challenge us."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn, to the colonists at the base
The base was constructed between the years 39 BBY and 36 BBY, during the colonization of Alaris Prime by a group of Wookiees. Following an encounter with the Trade Federation Droid Army, which sought to illegally claim the moon, the Wookiees' advisor, Qui-Gon Jinn, was motivated to help train more soldiers in preparation for further conflict. While the colony's leader, Chieftain Attichitcuk, went to investigate the Trade Federation's activities, Jinn began guiding a group of eight Wookiees at the base. These included four workers, three bowcaster troopers, and Attichitcuk's son, Chewbacca. Their goals were to train more soldiers for defense and upgrade the technology level of the colonists.
Jinn first showed the Wookiees how to strengthen the armor of their workers, before instructing them to gather muja fruit from the nearby bushes. The workers built a food processing center in close proximity to the bushes to store food more efficiently, which also allowed for the creation of farms. While exploring the base's surroundings, one of the bowcaster troopers found a herd of nerfs to the south. In response, Jinn had a worker construct an animal nursery to put the creatures to use. A second food processing center was also built near another crop of fruit bushes to the southwest after the initial ones were picked dry.
- "I sense another attack coming. Gather your forces and be ready."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn's warning to the Wookiees at the base
Once a certain threshold of food was reached, the Wookiees made advancements in their technology, and around this time Attichitcuk was ambushed and nearly killed by B1 battle droids of the Trade Federation. Jinn sensed the chieftain's survival through the Force and had the Wookiees assemble a medical droid at the base's command center in preparation for a rescue mission.
Once up to ten bowcaster troopers were ready, with stronger armor as a result of the increased technology level, Chewbacca gathered them and the medical droid at the base's markers and set out to save Attichitcuk. In their absence, at least two more bowcaster troopers were trained at the base's troop center in case of any further Trade Federation attacks. As Chewbacca's party journeyed back to the base with Attichitcuk, the extra troopers set out to meet them, helping to destroy a group of battle droids. At the base, Attichitcuk was immediately sent to the command center to recover, and shortly afterward the Trade Federation droid DRN-38 sent three droidekas to attack the base, which were defeated by the Wookiees.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "You'll need 500 food and two buildings from your current tech level to advance to a new technology level."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn, instructing the player to expand the base
The Wookiee base appears in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, developed by Ensemble Studios and released by LucasArts. It features in the fourth level of the Wookiee tutorial campaign, entitled "Researching Technology."
The base starts out with only four buildings, and the player is only able to add more power cores, prefab shelters, food processing centers, animal nurseries, and troop centers. Any two of these buildings along with 500 units of food are required before the player's technology level can be upgraded, which is necessary to progress through the game.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The New Essential Chronology dates the Alaris Prime colonial war, which includes the construction of all Wookiee bases on Alaris Prime, as portrayed in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, between 39 BBY and 36 BBY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide