- "Give us a kiss."
- ―The Zabrak, to Aurra Sing
A Zabrak male was a patron of the Quarek'k, a bar complex located on the planet of Coruscant, shortly after the rise of the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY. The Zabrak, an Utai, and a Shistavanen were drinking together there when Aurra Sing, a bounty hunter, entered. The trio tried to get her to consort with them, but she refused and eventually cut off the Zabrak's arm before killing the other two so she would be left alone.
- "I'd have a large drink, if I were you. The shock will wear off soon, and you'll want to be self-anesthetized by then. But have it somewhere else."
- ―Aurra Sing, on the Zabrak's arm
A male Zabrak was present on the planet of Coruscant in 19 BBY. Soon after the Galactic Empire was founded, he was drinking heavily alongside two companions—an Utai and a Shistavanen—in Section 7-B of a large bar complex called the Quarek'k, when a female bounty hunter named Aurra Sing entered the establishment. The three of them blocked Sing's path, and the Zabrak tried to proposition the newcomer, but she rejected their advances. On his third attempt, the drunk tried to elicit a kiss from Sing, which prompted her to cleave his left arm off at the elbow with her lightsaber. The Zabrak's companions tried to assist him, but they were both quickly killed by Sing, who allowed the survivor to mesh with the bar's crowd and flee.
Personality and traits
- "Don't you like my touch?"
"Not particularly. I also don't like your appearance, your attitude, your breath, and particularly your body odor. You stink."
- ―The Zabrak and Aurra Sing
This Zabrak male was muscular, tall for his species, and had prominent canines. When extremely inebriated, he held no reservations about consorting with Sing, who was of a different species. Sing was not fond of the Zabrak's attitude, nor his breath, appearance, or stench—which particularly repulsed her.
Behind the scenes
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows to 19 BBY
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Galactic Empire was founded in 19 BBY. Per the prologue of Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows, the book takes place the same year and the Empire has already risen. Furthermore, it takes place not long after the first Coruscant Nights novel, which was set directly afterward.