- "It's the one you threw. I fished it out of the baron's glass."
- ―Ganzer, to Kaljach Sonmi
A renowned agricultural baron was present in the Canto Casino in the city Canto Bight on the planet Cantonica in 34 ABY. After receiving a single coin from the Suerton gambler Wodi, whom he had just lost a game of zinbiddle to, the Heptooinian gambler Kaljach Sonmi angrily threw the coin, which landed in the cocktail glass of the surprised agricultural baron. Sonmi, who worked at the Canto Casino as a proposition player, later supposed the coin landing in the baron's glass to be one of the reasons he was quickly fired. The bartender Ganzer, a friend of Sonmi's, retrieved the coin from the baron's glass and later returned it to the Heptooinian.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The agricultural baron was first mentioned in John Jackson Miller's 2017 short story "The Ride" in the novella collection Canto Bight, which was released as part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi multimedia project.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight (First mentioned, simultaneous with Canto Bight audiobook)
- Canto Bight audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight
- "Resistance Revisited"—Star Wars Insider 190 establishes that six months before the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens corresponds to thirty years after the Battle of Endor, which in turn corresponds to 34 ABY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi take place in the same year as the Starkiller Incident, which Galactic Atlas also places in 34 ABY. Since dates the events of the Canto Bight collection to a few days before the events of The Last Jedi, which is set after The Force Awakens, the events of "The Ride," including the mention of the agricultural baron, must take place in that year.