- "This writing… it's in the old tongue."
- ―Ahsoka Tano
An ancient script was used by practitioners of the Force, both light and dark, long before the Age of the Empire. It transcribed a language known as the old tongue. Inside the old Jedi Temple of Lothal, the walls were covered in inscriptions using that script. Similar inscriptions could be found on the base of the Sith temple on Malachor, in the tomb of Darth Bane on Moraband, on a shrine in memory of Robbs Ely near Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana and on many of the Massassi ruins on Yavin 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ancient script seen in the Jedi Temple of Lothal is derived from a drawing Ralph McQuarrie made for the 1995 Star Wars Legends reference book The Illustrated Star Wars Universe. In the context of that book, the mysterious script was etched inside the Temple of the Blueleaf Cluster, one of the many Massassi temples located on Yavin 4.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Relic Raiders"