A bas-relief frieze depicting a struggle between Jedi and Sith minions on an ancient battlefield was found in one of the enormous stone temples build by the Massassi on Yavin 4 some five thousands years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. Its detailed carvings included not only warriors engaged in a deadly conflict, but also terrifying war beasts.
The frieze, which was extremely valuable, ended up in the possession of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, better known under his public persona of Sheev Palpatine, Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. The Chancellor put the frieze on display in his office complex, on a wall of the anteroom to his most private sanctum.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 22 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Databank A-Z: Yavin 4)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition