- "You owe all four of us, I believe."
"I wouldn't have thought you could make it happen."
- ―Thodi and the gambler
A breath-mask-wearing gambler spent time in the Canto Casino in the city Canto Bight on the planet Cantonica in 34 ABY, and made a bet with the Heptooinian gambler Kaljach Sonmi and the trio of Suerton brothers known as the Lucky Three. Sonmi and the brothers won by ordering drinks and moving around until four of the casino's SE8 waiter droids crashed into one another and fell on the ground, something the breath-mask-wearing gambler did not think they would be able to do. The losing gambler also spoke Basic.
Behind the scenesEdit
The breath-mask-wearing gambler first appeared in John Jackson Miller's 2017 short story "The Ride" in the novella collection Canto Bight, released as part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi multimedia project.
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight (First appearance, simultaneous with Canto Bight audiobook)
- Canto Bight audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Canto Bight)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "The Ride"—Canto Bight
- ↑ "Resistance Revisited"—Star Wars Insider 190 establishes that six months before the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens corresponds to thirty years after the Battle of Endor, which in turn corresponds to 34 ABY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi take place in the same year as the Starkiller Incident, which Galactic Atlas also places in 34 ABY. Since dates the events of the Canto Bight collection to a few days before the events of The Last Jedi, which is set after The Force Awakens, the events of "The Ride," in which the breath-mask-wearing gambler appears, must take place in that year.