- "The Mandible was an accident. A drunk captain ferrying volatile cargo."
- ―Everi Chalis, to Hazram Namir
A male individual was the captain of the starship Mandible in the Galactic Empire during the Imperial Era. Sometime by the year 3 ABY, he ferried volatile cargo while under the influence of alcohol, leading to an accident that killed numerous crew members. Everi Chalis, an emissary to the Imperial Ruling Council, punished the crew of the Mandible during the Belnar Insurrections and executed the individuals responsible for the accident, including the captain.
In 3 ABY, Chalis, who had since defected to the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, cited the punishment of the Mandible's crew when pressuring an Imperial heavy freighter into changing course. Chalis also recounted the story of the Mandible and its accident under the drunk captain to Hazram Namir, a First Sergeant in the company.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set 22 years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. The events involving the Mandible's captain, including his death, were mentioned during the novel's main events and so must have happened by that year.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company